Film Audition Notice
Independent, Feature-Length Film
"Eve and Emily"
Feature Length Independent Film Audition Notice Title: “Eve and Emily” Producer: Daniel McCabe of Prescience Films (presciencefilms.com).
About the Film
A chamber film, taking place over the course of 12 hours in a house in Hood River, Oregon. A middle-aged couple, Eve and John, invite a younger couple, Paul and Emily, over for dinner. Eve is the owner of a successful law firm and Paul is her new associate lawyer. She hopes to get to know Paul and his wife, Emily, better over the course of this dinner party.
Filmmakers hope to create a film in the style of Ingmar Bergman. Inspired by films such as: “The Passion of Anna" (1969), “Who’s Afraid of Virginia Woolf?" (1966), and “Scenes From a Marriage" (1973).
The Audition Process
Auditions take place July 9th 2011 and July 16th 2011
- Time: 11am to 4pm
- Location: Columbia Center for the Arts
- Pre-scheduled 15 to 30 minute time slots.
Auditions will consist of an interview followed by a videotaped performance of one monologue of your choice from the script. Potentially, callbacks will be requested to perform scenes with other actors.
Please email with questions and to schedule an audition time slot. A script will be provided.
- Contact email: email@example.com
Filming is tentatively scheduled to take place over the course of one week in winter of 2011-2012. Filming will primarily occur in early to late evening. Multiple rehearsals will be required.
This is a non-union film and a one-time $300.00 stipend will be provided. Travel reimbursement for gas expenses. Actors will provide their own costumes. Reimbursement for costumes will be provided. Meals will be provided at filming and rehearsals.
- Eve: Female, 45 to 65 years old. Eve is a powerful, driven, career lawyer who has built her own law firm. She is married to John.
- John: Male, 45 to 65 years old. John is a lawyer who was disbarred early in his career for inappropriate actions with a client. He is married to Eve and an alcoholic.
- Paul: Male, 25 to 35 years old. Paul is a recent graduate from law school. He is an associate lawyer in Eve’s law firm. He is very ambitious and intelligent but is very non-confrontational by nature. He is married to Emily.
- Emily: Female, 20 to 35 years old. Emily is a very smart college graduate who is married to Paul. She is the daughter of a powerful family of lawyers. She has given up having a career to follow Paul to a small town so he can pursue his career. She was raised to be materialistic and demanding but does not want to be this way.
Contact Jane Duncombe, Columbia Center for the Arts at firstname.lastname@example.org